Saturday, January 1, 2011

Alap- Saturday




This is not a typical Netherfriends release. This album is basically
an improv album with elements of ambient and drone. It is entitled
Alap, which is a term used in Indian classical music for a section that is improvised
and free flowing.

The recording of this album was something I did for a week during
Christmas because I don't celebrate and I was bored out of my mind!! I
had been working hard on the 50 state songs and needed a short break.
I did one song a day and was inspired after playing a similar sounding
set at a yoga studio. I figured since the music was so easy and fun to
make that I could record one session a day for a week and will be
releasing one song a day at a time. Here is Saturday.
I think the music should be listened to while relaxing or doing work.
Easy listening d00ds. -Shawn

Pt. 1 of 7 from Alap, ambient song/video project of Dec 2010.

Video done by Stephen Arndt
DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM FREE AT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?isc6mkd0c6cwiml

No comments: